Our Youth team are available to provide training in many areas related to working with children, young people and families.
Children and young people do not need to see an abusive incident taking place for abuse to have an impact. They may overhear the incident or see the aftermath.
However they experience it, domestic abuse in the family home has a huge impact on the children.
Understanding the Effects of Domestic Abuse on Children and Young People
This course is available regularly (please see the Training Dates article within the newsletter) and includes the following
- Improves understanding of the effects of domestic abuse on children and young people.
- Considers the impact on children of various ages.
- Examines the ways in which domestic abuse impacts on parenting characteristics.
- Explores the roles and characteristics of children living with domestic abuse.
- Looks at abusive teenage relationships.
- Understanding Adolescent to Parent Abuse (APA).
Phoenix DAS Youth Team can also offer a range of bespoke packages to any group, organisation or service. We will work closely with you to design, develop and deliver workshops/training events tailored to your individual needs.